Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
8 carrots cut into chunks
2 large onions, chopped
2-3 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
12 oz. can beer (non alcoholic is fine)
2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
8 wedges cabbage
Preparation:Using a 4-6 quart crockpot.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Rinse corned beef under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in crockpot and sprinkle with contents of seasoning mix.
- Pour beer over brisket and spread mustard on brisket.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar with water and pour over brisket.
Remove corned beef from crockpot and cover with foil to keep warm. Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and liquid in crockpot. Cover crockpot and cook on high for additional 30-40 minutes or until cabbage is crisp tender.
- slice beef across grain in thin slices
- remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon and serve with beef.
- serve cooking juices over the food. (don't forget the "juice" or certain family members will be quite upset)
Remember the mustard and horseradish on the side for those who need a little more ZING!
Serves 8 hungry people or more. Enjoy!