From the post Social Media is Giving Static Websites New Life is the following list of how social media is becoming the natural complement to static web pages.
1. Opens up the Lines of Communication between Customer/Clients & Website Owner. You can do this in many ways. Such as Forums or adding a Blog to your Static Website.
3. Adding a Blog to your Website can add new content / web pages to your site. This causes more entrances to your Website for Serps and for Viewers.
4. Add Social Bookmarking buttons to your static pages and let viewers bookmark them. This can add extra traffic to your website when their social bookmarks are shared with others.
5. Using Social Media can let your website compete with other websites/blogs that have larger marketing bank accounts.
6. Using Photo sharing for your Product Images can bring traffic in to your website.