Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Social Media Optimization harnesses the power of the social network. Web 2.0 provides numerous and growing opportunities to become a participant in the on line communities. Social networking sites create new opportunities to reach potential customers and to establish a dialogue. Social Media Optimization operates in a way that is analogous to “word of mouth” advertising but is more efficient due to the tools and organization of the internet.
Developing content and posting in appropriate social forums, using the current tools to tag and make your content easy to distribute and link to is the focus of a Social Media Optimization Campaign. Building a wealth of informative posts using various media is an efficient and productive way to spread your reputation and encourage a discourse with customers.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
- Establish. yourself as the authority in your niche by writing and posting quality content.
- Use multimedia postings to provide variety and more personal connection with your customers.
- Give your content wings. Make it easy to spread your content. Adding an RSS feed enables those who find your content compelling to subscribe to your blog and be alerted to newly posted items. Developing a regular readership is a great way to encourage business and repeat business.
- Add bookmarks. Give your readers a quick and easy way to suggest your content to others. Social bookmarks give you the opportunity for members of social bookmark communities to spread your content with a click of a button.
- Title your blog post with appropriate key word search terms. Always write your content for readers, but take opportunities to encourage search engines to recognize content which contains your targeted keywords.
- There are various search engines, blog directories and web based RSS aggregators which your content can be submitted to, drawing more traffic to your website and creating backlinks to your site.
But the biggest blogging tip of all:
7. The most important thing to remember about blogging is JUST DO IT!!!! Don't get bogged down with the infinite checklist of all that can be done to a blog. As you blog often and consistently your familiarity will lead you to incorporated more functionality.
BLOGGING ... Just do it!
Monday, June 18, 2007
What is a blog?
The term blog is short for web log. A blog is a journal which is kept on the internet and continually updated with new posts. Post generally consist of text and photo entries, posts can also include audio and video. Blogs have emerged as one of the leading venues for internet marketing.
The Importance of Blogs
Blogs provide an unprecedented ability to develop a community, build authority and extend a familiar and credible face to your internet presence. Blogs are the perfect venue to share your knowledge with your customers and potential customers. Information rich content focusing on and around your business niche will establish you as the “neighborhood specialist”. As your blog develops you will be creating a rich knowledge base for your customers to reference. A regularly updated blog with strong informative content will draw traffic, encourage search engine spidering, enhance your search engine rankings while building an ongoing relationship with your customers.